About the Institute
The Institute for Integrated Prevention is an NGO (a foundation) that is supervised by the Minister of Health.
The mission of the Institute for Integrated Prevention (founded in 2012) is to promote development and prevent the problems of children and youth in the spirit of an integrated approach to problem prevention. The Institute cooperates with families, schools, local authorities, NGOs and other institutions for education, health promotion and prevention.
Carrying out its mission the IPZIN (Polish acronym of the Institute) is constantly:
- conducting research on youth (average yearly sample N=5000)
- devising integrated prevention programmes
- implementing prevention programmes (over 35 000 participants yearly)
- training instructors and teachers
- coordinating and supervising a structure of 9 cooperating NGOs
- preparing expert reports for national institutions (the Polish Parliament, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Health, the Chancellery of the President) and local government units
The most important recent achievements of IPZIN (2015-2016):
- preparation of The Guidebook of Effective Prevention of Youth Problems (Grzelak et al, 2015) – a scientific report ordered and published by the Centre for Education Development of the Ministry of Education, and financed by the European Social Fund (The Guidebook presents scientific grounds for the concept of “Seven levers of effective prevention”);
- cooperation with the Ministry of Health in the preparation of the National Program of Public Health 2016-2020: the approach based on the “Seven levers of effective prevention” has been inscribed into several paragraphs of the NPPH 2016-2020 which is a governmental Program signed by the Prime Minister and coordinated by the Minister of Health);
- initiation of the expert help to the Ministry of Education in the work on the reform of the system of education in Poland (our input is limited to the questions of prevention of youth problems and risk behaviours).
Foundation Institute for Integrated Prevention
Fundacja Instytut Profilaktyki Zintegrowanej
ul. Ogrodowa 8
Management of the Institute:
IBAN number: PL75 1050 1012 1000 0090 8017 2746 (EUR account)
IBAN number: PL62 1050 1012 1000 0090 3013 8052 (PLN account)
SWIFT code: INGBPLPW
Management of the Institute:
Szymon Grzelak, PhD – President
Agata Balcerzak, MA – Vice President
Magdalena Lipniacka, MA – Vice President
Szymon Grzelak - doctor of psychology, founder and President of the Institute for Integrated Prevention. As a researcher and practitioner he specializes in the subject of education, youth problem prevention and education in the sphere of love and sexuality. The creator of the integrated prevention model, author of prevention programmes (such as “The Archipelago of Treasures®"). His most important publications include: scientific monograph "Prevention of Youth Sexual Risk Behavior. Current state of research worldwide and in Poland" (2009), popular guide for parents “Wild Father” (2009). The author of the expert report conducted for the Family and Social Affairs Commission of the Senate concerning paternity (2013). The editor and main author of “The Guidebook of Effective Prevention of Youth Problems” (ORE, 2015). In the years 1999-2016 he repeatedly presented the results of research on youth at conferences in the Sejm and Senate of Poland (lower and upper House of Parliament) and ministerial conferences for the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health. In June 2016 he presented the research of the Institute and the Archipelago of Treasures® Programme during the Plennary Session of the Polish Episcopal Conference. Married, father of four daughters.